[Amps] Defining CCS

kstover at ac0h.net kstover at ac0h.net
Sun Dec 31 15:27:14 EST 2017

There is a difference between running 100% duty cycle modes like RTTY and FM
key down for 50 minutes then 10 minutes off, 83.3% duty cycle for an hour
(ICAS), and putting a brick on the key then walking away for the weekend, or
the week, or the month (CCS). No keyers set at 60 wpm Alpha.

Some tubes will do it. Some transistors will do it. Will Hams pay for a CCS
rated amp?
Probably not.

R. Kevin Stover    AC0H
ARRL