[Amps] How big is yours?

Jim Thomson jim.thom at telus.net
Sat Feb 11 13:12:05 EST 2017

Date: Sat, 11 Feb 2017 08:03:21 -0700
From: "Mike Fitzgerald" <MLF at Q.com>
To: <amps at contesting.com>
Subject: [Amps] How big is yours?

This "Power" thread sounds more like a bunch of high school boys with their rulers....Antenna's and operating skills are just as important, if not more so, than output power...Grow up!

Mike AA7WU

##  Once u are maxed out for ants.....esp on postage sized city lots, you have no options left, except to crank up the po.
100 w into an inverted  vee up 80 feet....  on 75m puts u nowhere....fast.   Its the  160-80-40-30m bands where some more
PO helps.   Nobody I know screws with 100 w anymore.   We cant hear you.  Come back when you either put up a bigger ant,
or get an anp.  The noise floor is rising these days.  Its not like what it used to be.

Jim  VE7RF