[Amps] Power thread

Mike Fitzgerald MLF at Q.com
Sat Feb 11 14:08:00 EST 2017

Hey Mark...The point was a 2KW amp is not always the answer some think it is....A 1KW amp with a 50% duty cycle feeding a good antenna being operated by a person with good operating skills will always out perform someone with a monster amp and nothing else.   I never said an "Amp" wasn't useful..The point was that the difference between 1000 watts and 1500 watts is about 1/4 of an "S" unit ....Given identical conx and antenna's , if they can't hear you with 1000 watts, they ain't gonna hear you with 1500 watts either....And just for the record, I'm more "deplorable " than you!   :0)

73  Mike AA7WU