[Amps] Maintenance-free

Steve Wright stevewrightnz at gmail.com
Mon Feb 27 13:45:28 EST 2017

On 28/02/17 06:00, Catherine James <catherine.james at att.net> wrote:
> As a teen-ager and early-twenty-something, I changed the oil in my
> car. It was easy. You either popped the hood or crawled under the car
> (depending on the model), used a tool to break the oil filter loose
> and unscrew it, replaced the filter, threw away the old oil, and
> refilled.

Girls like you were hard to find back when I was a teenager.

> [....]  Reading about these "99 errors" and need to reset microprocessors on more modern amps leaves me cold.  I have zero interest in trying to do maintenance on something with that level of complexity.

It's not too bad once you've had to do it the first time, like anything
I suppose.

Serial terminals and 'commands' go kinda like - ok so we plug this in
here and press 'enter' - it worked, terminal said "OK>" !! Sooo diag
command is, um, "?", so hits ? and enter, and voila!! Whole page of very
concise answers!!  How hard is it get a concise answer?  Very quickly it
becomes actually less complex, but yeah there's a hump to get over.

Steve