[Amps] Coax specs

Jim Brown jim at audiosystemsgroup.com
Sun Jan 1 03:48:11 EST 2017

Hi Bill,

Remember that RG numbers are no longer specs for cable, merely generic
descriptors.  Remember also that below UHF, attenuation is all copper
loss, so if you can get physical dimensions and construction details,
you can get pretty close to its loss by comparing to another cable with
the same dimensions and construction.

Google found this on the first try.  Center is solid copper, 0.25-in,
shield is double silver-covered copper. Dielectric is 0.632-in.

http://www.awcwire.com/productspec.aspx?id=rg189-coaxial-cable

http://catalog.standard-wire.com/Asset/RG-Attenuation.pdf  lists
attenuation for a bunch of RG numbers, and I saw a note in my searches
that 189 has been replaced by 389. RG389 is listed here as 0.8 dB at 100
MHz.

73, Jim K9YC