[Amps] FCC Denies Expert Linears' Request for Waiver of 15 dB Rule; Long off topic reply

Glen Zook gzook at yahoo.com
Mon Jan 2 11:03:31 EST 2017

Except, from the early 1950s until 22 November 1968, when "incentive" licensing went into effect, Conditional Class, General Class, Advanced Class, and Amateur Extra Class licensees all had full privileges.  New Advanced Class licenses were not available until 22 November 1968 having been the classification created for those who had held the old, top license class, Class "A" licenses before the creation of the Amateur Extra Class license in 1951.

>From the beginning of the license class, Technician Class licensees had full privileges on all VHF / UHF and higher frequency bands except for absolutely no privileges on the 2-meter band until 1959.  However, Novice Class licensees had privileges for CW and phone operation from 145.0 MHz to 147.0 MHz.  In 1959, Technician Class licensees gained the 145.0 MHz to 147.0 MHz segment.  Later, Technician Class licensees gained the 147.0 MHz to 148.0 MHz segment and, finally, the 144.0 MHz to 145.0 MHz segment.

With incentive licensing, Novice Class licensees lost all phone privileges on the 2-meter band but did retain CW privileges.  Technician Class, Conditional Class, and General Class licensees lost what became CW only privileges in the 50.0 MHz to 50.1 MHz segment and Conditional Class and General Class licensees lost what became CW only privileges in the 144.0 MHz to 144.1 MHz segment (Technician Class licensees already did not have any privileges in the entire 144.0 MHz to 145.0 MHz segment).

Later, the Novice Class lost all 2-meter privileges but gained 10-meter privileges and retained privileges on 80-meter, 40-meter, and 15-meter CW.  The Technician Class licensees gained the same 10-meter privileges and gained the 80-meter, 40-meter, and 15-meter CW privileges of the Novice Class.

Glen, K9STH