[Amps] FET cases / heat sink

Kevin kstover at ac0h.net
Mon Jan 2 17:13:56 EST 2017

Soldering an LDMOS FET onto/into a copper spreader is not difficult.

W6PQL has a video of the process on his site. A heating plate is used to
bring the copper spreader up to temperature.

Once soldered there is no requirement to re-tighten mounting hardware
after so many hours of operation nor is there the possibility of
snapping a screw off in the spreader or God forbid cracking the device
with too much torque.