[Amps] Decline of homebrewing?

Mark Bitterlich markbitterlich at embarqmail.com
Thu Jan 5 20:28:09 EST 2017

> On Thu, 5 Jan 2017 04:48:03 -0500, K8RI wrote:
>
>>BTW cables and wiring used in aircraft MUST be crimped. No soldering is
>>allowed because of the high vibration environment.
>
> Bill Turner replied:
>
> Same with the marine environment.

Absolutely not true as regards aircraft.   Crimping is done in most cases
for expediency.  I am not debating quality.  I am saying that RF cables in
aircraft are still using soldered on center pins for BNC, TNC, C, HN, N,
connectors across the board on military aircraft in the United States, and
also with many General Aviation aircraft.  I have no experience with
commercial carriers, so I will leave that to someone else to comment on.

Mark Bitterlich