[Amps] Decline of homebrewing?

Manfred Mornhinweg manfred at ludens.cl
Sat Jan 7 16:30:23 EST 2017

Steve, and all,

> I was nearly killed at age 15.

This seems to be a pretty universal initiation rite for homebrewers. I
used to be very careful and cautious even when a youngster, but still
couldn't avoid my own initiation. It happened when at age 16 or 17
somehow I managed to have a close encounter with the plate circuit of an
amplifier than ran 2.8kV. It didn't knock me back, instead it made me
cling to that circuitry with full force. I couldn't let loose, neither
could I speak or scream or anything. My lil' brother, 6 years younger
then I was, somehow realized that my strange antics weren't entirely
normal, ran to the house's electrical panel and threw the main switch.

I think he later regretted that. Big brothers aren't always nice.

Manfred