[Amps] Decline of homebrewing?

Tom Thompson w0ivj at tomthompson.com
Wed Jan 11 12:51:23 EST 2017

This has been an interesting discussion.  I have been working with my
homebrew solid state amplifiers for years, and find that I have to take
a completely different mind set when I work on tube equipment with
higher than 50 volts.  I have to keep telling myself that I need to
proceed differently.  Also, when working on my 1 kw solid state
amplifier, I need to be aware that the energy stored is the same as a 1
kw tube amplifier.  Even though the voltage is low, the current can melt
a metal tool and cause a severe burn.

73,  Tom  W0IVJ