[Amps] Alpha 76 160 meter 2nd harmonic

Jeff AC0C keepwalking188 at ac0c.com
Sun Jan 29 14:17:41 EST 2017

It can happen with that amp - been there, done that.

I have an Alpha 76pa.  And a couple of OO notices, plus a couple more from
ops who sent me email with somewhat more detail.  What I traced it down to
is running the amp out of optimal tune on 160 (which is really easy to do as
the antennas tend to be so narrow banded).   The suggestions for a notch on
80m are good.

73/jeff/ac0c
www.ac0c.com
alpha-charlie-zero-charlie