[Amps] SB220 step start blows fuses

David Gow d.gow at frontier.com
Wed Jul 5 12:49:08 EDT 2017

I pretty much agree with Carl about the cement resistors. When I rebuilt my Henry 3KA I stuck with good old Ohmite vitreous resistors and was amazed that they are still in production, including the mounting hardware and not at all expensive.  I got a full set for the Henry from Mouser and only because someone had dropped something on the disassembled chassis and shattered all of the HV bleeders.  It helped that the Henry was free for the pickup (in a state of disassembly ).  The hardest part was figuring out the wiring harness and Ted Henry helped me with that about a year ago. If the switch is the big worry 240 volt power strips are plentiful and cheap at your friendly industrial supplier or on the web.  Otherwise I still think the soft start is a waste of money but that is just my opinion and I respect yours.

73 and SK Dave W7VM