[Amps] SB220 step start blows fuses

Warren Volz warren at warrenvolz.com
Sun Jul 9 22:52:40 EDT 2017

I may shortly be looking to purchase a variac.

After building a dim bulb tester this weekend I have a minor update.

With 120V connected, the HV primary disconnected and one tube in a socket (doesn’t matter which I use) the 100W bulb in my tester lights up bright. No fan and the meter lights aren’t on. If I take out the tube the fan and meter lights work. So I guess I have a shorted tube? Would it be good to double check the DC/AC voltage on the filament supply with the tubes plugged in? That would show any sags that might exist.

-Warren