[Amps] Could Use Some Advice

w4foa at comcast.net w4foa at comcast.net
Tue Jul 11 20:01:18 EDT 2017

I have a sick Amp LK500-ZB and would welcome any advice and suggestions about how to get it back to life.
The problem/symptom is when I turn the Amp on, within 1-2 seconds, the plate current shows approx. 300 ma, with no plate voltage applied.
I suspected it might be a relay problem and ordered and installed a new relay...symptom exactly the same.
Beyond that, I have not tried anything and that is my request for suggestions.
Thanks for your help.
73
Tony W4FOA
 PS: Last year I replaced the filter caps, Zener, plate choke and new 3-500ZG tubes.  All worked well up until now.

Watch your thoughts; they become words.
Watch your words; they become actions.
Watch your actions; they become habits.
Watch your habits; they become character.
Watch  your character; it becomes your destiny.
                Frank Outlaw