[Amps] Clipperton L soft

Joe Subich, W4TV lists at subich.com
Thu Jul 20 19:51:26 EDT 2017

 > Here's what I see;
 > On CW, the Vp meter shows 700 volts.

700 Volts sounds awfully low.  The Clipperton L used 4 x 572B tubes with
a plate voltage (unloaded) of 2300-2400V in SSB and 1500-1600V in CW as
was typical in the SSB/CW switching of the day.

Perhaps someone converted the amplifier for 4 x 811A tubes and changed
the power supply to a half wave rectifier instead of a voltage doubler.
Check the tubes then carefully check the power supply.

73,

    ... Joe, W4TV