[Amps] Machlett 3-500z
k5fuv at prodigy.net
Mon Jul 24 12:24:05 EDT 2017
Which is different from RF Parts, which sells amateur and commercial radio parts and tubes.
On Monday, July 24, 2017 10:25 AM, Paul Baldock <paul at paulbaldock.com> wrote:
At 05:49 AM 7/24/2017, you wrote:
RF Parts and RF Concepts aretotally different entities.
RF Concepts used to be the Ten Tec/Alpha company, and tube prices weregreat. Now its Alpha RF Systems and very expensive tubes.
Sent from Yahoo Mail foriPad
On Sunday, July 23, 2017, 2:29 PM, Paul Baldock<paul at paulbaldock.com> wrote:
- Have you tried here.
- Unfortunately twice the price they were couple of years agowhen I
- bought 2 sets. That's when they when "RF Concepts"
- - Paul
- At 12:08 PM 7/23/2017, Terry Hart wrote:
- >I see from their website that RF parts will supply 3-500sonly to
- >customers within the CONUS area. That leaves the rest of ushaving
- >to look elsewhere, so it would be useful to hear of theexperiences,
- >good or bad, of those who have bought these Machlett tubes'direct'.
- >Terry, G3VFO
- >----- Original Message ----- From: "Roger (K8RI)"<k8ri at rogerhalstead.com>
- >To:<amps at contesting.com>
- >Sent: Friday, July 21, 2017 10:33 AM
- >Subject: Re: [Amps] Machlett 3-500z
- >>Warren, that price difference sounds about correct tome. RFParts
- >>tests and I believe, guarantees their tubes which are likelythe
- >>same brand which they most likely purchase enough to receivea
- >>quantity discount.
- >>Purchasing direct often saves money. Sometimes it can be
- >>substantial because you are assuming the risk while the USreseller
- >>has the cost of the time and paperwork invested in testingtubes
- >>they may, or may not be able to return. With some NOS tubesthere
- >>is substantial risk from "infant mortality". Youare often safer
- >>paying more for the new tubes than less for the older NOSversions
- >>where both are available. Direct Vs through a USretailer? You
- >>are playing the odds and taking on the risk yourself.Research the
- >>viability of the tubes before making your decision. Price
- >>differentials and risk can vary considerably.
- >>73, Roger (K8RI)
- >>On 7/20/2017 Thursday 10:46 PM, Warren Volz wrote:
- >>>Tonight while searching for 3-500z on eBay I discoveredthis
- >>>I know all 'new' tubes are made in China and the rfpartsversion
- >>>seems to get the best reviews. Any idea what the deal iswith
- >>>these Machlett 'factory direct' models? They are $90 lessthan
- >>>rfparts. Are they the rejects from elsewhere or themanufacturer
- >>>trying to undercut the market?
- >>>-Warren KD5YPH
- >>>Amps mailing list
- >>>Amps at contesting.com
- >>This email has been checked for viruses by Avast antivirussoftware.
- >>Amps mailing list
- >>Amps at contesting.com
- >Amps mailing list
- >Amps at contesting.com
- Amps mailing list
- Amps at contesting.com
More information about the Amps