[Amps] 3-500Z cool down time

Carl km1h at jeremy.qozzy.com
Tue Jun 6 13:17:31 EDT 2017

The 3CX1000A7 preceeded the 3CX1200A7 and what followed later.

Ive been using a TV translator 70's date code pull in my 2M amp for 35 years
and it still shows the same 1800W max at the same drive level.

Unfortunately for us hams it uses the same overpriced ridiculous style of
base and socket as the 4CX1000A/1500B.

The only ham use I am aware of was the Alpha 70 plus the vapor phase cooled
70V version. The switched to the 8877 as soon as it came out.

Carl