[Amps] Ten-Tec Titan 10 Meter Input SWR

Jim Thomson jim.thom at telus.net
Sun Jun 11 12:38:54 EDT 2017

Date: Sun, 11 Jun 2017 14:35:31 +0000 (UTC)
From: Catherine James <catherine.james at att.net>
To: <donroden at hiwaay.net>,  <amps at contesting.com>,  <TexasRF at aol.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] Ten-Tec Titan 10 Meter Input SWR

<Luck has nothing to do with it. The calculation is described in Chapter 26 of the ARRL Antenna Book, "Coupling the Line to the Antenna".  The material originally came from an article on series-section transformers in the July 1978 QST, so this is hardly a new technique.

73,
Cathy
N5WVR

##  My guess is he has one or both caps on the 10M PI net input  gone bad, changed value, gone open,
or shorted.

##  On a related note,  why is it, when I increase the length of 50 ohm coax  from my drake amps to the xcvr, that the
input swr rises ??   Its flat  with  4 ft or less.... but rises when say 5-8 ft is used.  Thats on all bands.

Jim   VE7RF