[Amps] Ten-Tec Titan 10 Meter Input SWR

Bill Turner dezrat at outlook.com
Sun Jun 11 12:45:00 EDT 2017

On Sun, 11 Jun 2017 14:27:00 +0000 (UTC), Cathy wrote:

> Isn't SWR the ratio between the impedance seen at the measurement point vs. the desired impedance at that point?

REPLY:

Not quite. It's the radio between the antenna's impedance and the coax
impedance. That ratio is fixed regardless of the coax length, except
as I said, for very long lengths of coax where line loss comes into
play.  Check any ARRL Handbook of ARRL Antenna book for a further
explanation. It's a little complicated but well worth the time spent.

73, Bill W6WRT