[Amps] Real time tests to see if an RF transformer is saturating?

Chris Wilson chris at chriswilson.tv
Mon Jun 12 08:56:30 EDT 2017

Hello Manfred,

Thanks  for  clarifying  that,  I  have  the  20 turn winding with the
grounded  end coming out on the side of the core with no terminal pins
and joining the 8 turn winding on the side with the pins.  I can't see
it will affect things though. Whilst I have your magic ear maybe you
can  advise  on  the next heating issue please? With two amps combined
the  centre  toroidal  core  and winding get pretty hot if I use OPERA
with  its  32 minute transmission. The two end cores and windings stay
cool.  I  wonder  if you can suggest a better core or whatever please?
The  LPF  is detailed here, and they are in individual sealed die cast
alloy  boxes,  so  air  flow is none existent, but I suspect even if I
mill two openings in the centre box and put mesh over the apertures it
will  still be marginal. A fan sound like a kludge. Ideas very welcome
indeed!!

http://www.w1vd.com/LPF.html    The schematic is in the link.

--
Best regards,