[Amps] Ferrite Core for 160M PI Output ?

Peter Voelpel dj7ww at t-online.de
Tue Jun 13 11:28:03 EDT 2017

Hi Chris,

The builder and owner of the amp is sk, so I don´t know if the amp is still
in use.
But when he built it we where in close contact and I suggested the cores to
him.
The material is close to mix 61, their diameter is 120mm and the thickness
is 15mm, he used a stack of three.
The tape wrapping is only necessary to break the very sharp edges of the
cores, they are not as smooth as the Fire-Rite cores.
Electrically it is not necessary, the do not conduct.

The cores are from ex GDR military sources which more or less dried out.
Dirt cheap they were sold on flea markets for 1,-DM each at the beginning.
The last 50 I bought in 2005 were 2.50 Euro each.

73
Peter