[Amps] Ferrite Core for 160M PI Output ?

Jim Brown jim at audiosystemsgroup.com
Tue Jun 13 12:44:36 EDT 2017

On Tue,6/13/2017 7:52 AM, Chris Wilson wrote:
> Just  how  conductive*IS*  ferrite anyway, i have never probed it.

It depends (a LOT) on the ferrite mix (usually expressed as a type #).
Some are good enough conductors to measure with a VOM, others are very
good insulators, the rest are "in between."  We can learn a LOT from a
careful study the Fair-Rite engineering catalog -- I did! You can
download it as a pdf from the Fair-Rite website.

A tutorial on some aspects of ferrites (focusing on their use in common
mode chokes) is part of k9yc.com/RFI-Ham.pdf  and key elements were
added to the ARRL Handbook about six years ago.

73, Jim K9YC