[Amps] Ten-Tec Titan 10 Meter Input SWR

Jim Thomson jim.thom at telus.net
Wed Jun 14 13:10:10 EDT 2017

Date: Mon, 12 Jun 2017 00:38:47 -0400
From: "Gary Smith" <Gary at ka1j.com>
To: amps at contesting.com
Subject: Re: [Amps] Ten-Tec Titan 10 Meter Input SWR

<I really appreciated the Amp Supply tuned
input I put in the 4-1000A amp I made back
in the 90's. It was pure simplicity and
worked so well. I put one in a SB-220 as
well with the same wonderful results.

73,

Gary
KA1J

##  I believe the amp supply tuned input board used arco compression
caps for both C1 + C2..and a fixed torroid for the coil.    The arco  compression
caps were padded on 160m.  I think the biggest arco I have is aprx  1600 pf.
They ranged from  200 pf up to aprx 1600 pf.  Arcos have a limited min-max range,
which is still ample for any tuned input.   Typ would be like 200-500 pf etc.

##  It was ideal for folks with HB amps, and anything else.  Just tweak both caps
for flat swr, then repeat for each band.

Jim   VE7RF