[Amps] Solid State Amps-v- Tube Amps

Herbert Schoenbohm herbert.schoenbohm at gmail.com
Sun Jun 18 22:13:54 EDT 2017

One thing to consider is that most solid state amps have very sensitive
VSWR protection circuits and will not produce the full output unless
there is no reflected power power. I have found it necessary to ad an
LDG AT-1000 Pro Auto Tuner so I do not have to keep resetting the VSWR
overload circuit.  In short Solid State Amps are very convenient and
with switching supplies are relatively small.  However none I have used
so far will do their rated power under normal circumstances.

Herb, KV4FZ