[Amps] About LP100A

MU 4CX250B 4cx250b at miamioh.edu
Tue Jun 20 18:18:35 EDT 2017

Manfred, my all-time favorite analog scope is the Tektronix 2465B,
which has a 350 MHz BW. (other 2400 series scopes have the same
features, but lower BW). To me, the 2465B represents the pinnacle of
analog oscilloscope design. It is straightforward to use, and has
on-screen display of many waveform parameters. Of course, a modern
digital scope will compute FFTs and other math functions and has other
desirable features. To me, they complement each other, as you noted. I
use my Tek scope about 90% of the time, and my 100 MHz Rigol scope the
remainder.

The 2465B cost more than $10,000 when it was made in the 1990s, but
good ones can be picked up on eBay for under $500. They are also bench
repairable, with only a handful of proprietary parts, and the
instruction/service manual has complete servicing information.
73,
Jim w8zr
Sent from my iPhone