[Amps] About LP100A

Jim Brown jim at audiosystemsgroup.com
Wed Jun 21 20:09:19 EDT 2017

On Tue,6/20/2017 4:39 PM, Gary Blau wrote:
> Still useful for monitoring stereo audio in broadcast-land, where mono compatibility is a big deal.

I'm retired from a career in broadcasting and pro audio. 40 years ago,
the large percentage of FM listeners with table-top radios justified
mono conpatibility. But this is 2017, and I'd be willing to bet that the
vast majority of FM listeners are listening on a stereo setup. Indeed,
for several decades, the vast majority have been in vehicles. The same
is true, probably to a lesser degree, with TV.

This is a BIG DEAL, because 2-channel audio with strong mono
compatibility makes LOUSY stereo. Mono compatibility means little time
difference between channels. A decent stereo image REQUIRES lots of time
difference between sounds.

73, Jim K9YC