[Amps] Shipping Costs

Jim Brown jim at audiosystemsgroup.com
Wed Mar 1 03:37:08 EST 2017

I've shipped a lot of used gear (and other stuff) by USPS, UPS, and
FedEx. With all of them, I do my own packing. I save the good boxes and
good packing materials that I receive (there is a special place in hell
for shippers who use those f#%king packing peanuts). I have more boxes
and packing material than I can ever use. :)

With UPS and FedEx, I fill out shipping paperwork, pay online, print my
own documents, tape them to the package, and drop the package off at one
of their locations (or hand them to a FedEx or UPS driver).  Their
websites are very easy to use. I take boxes I'm shipping via USPS to the
post office, let them compute the postage (and advise me as to the best
way to ship), and pay them. NONE of these locations charge for handling
that package.  For most stuff, my preferred shipper is USPS. I may be
lucky, but I've never had a problem with anything I've shipped with any
of those shippers.  If you're paying to use those shipping locations,
you're ignorant, or lazy, or you've got a job and your time is worth
more than mine.  I'm retired. :)

73, Jim K9YC