[Amps] SS amps watercooling - was PowerGenius XL

Jim Thomson jim.thom at telus.net
Tue Mar 7 22:28:24 EST 2017

Date: Tue, 7 Mar 2017 17:06:06 -0600
From: Joe <nss at mwt.net>
To: amps at contesting.com
Subject: Re: [Amps] SS amps watercooling - was PowerGenius XL

I wonder why not to drink it?

I have I remember a few times drank distilled water, and remember how
terrible it tasted.

Joe WB9SBD

##  LOL.   At the telco I worked for, we would get it shipped to us in
5 gallon plastic jugs, with each jug inside a cardboard box. Main
telco warehouse had thousands of em.  25 yrs later on, we were told to
just buy it from the local grocery store.   Crazy,  so  I sent  2 of my co-horts
down the street to a grocery  store right down town, only grocery store
that is down town.   They come back an hr later, with 4 huge shopping buggies,
each loaded with 1 gallon  plastic jugs of distilled water.   I had asked the store
to bring distilled water in huge amounts..on a regular basis.

##  we used  distilled water in the batteries, used for the UPS. Batteries are big,
at 179 kg each, and only 2 vdc each.  24  in series..per string.   Multiple strings
in parallel..like 12 strings.   288 batteries in total  40-80 gallons just to top em up.
And thats just one office, 9 more in town.

##  Cops pull up, and wanted to know what 2 x bozos are doing, pushing
4 huge shopping carts, heaped  with  distilled water..down the side walk, in our
capital city.  Cops were convinced the distilled water must be part of some
major drug lab operation.  One of my cohorts  was the last of the hippies,
and looked the part.  Other cohort was this short chinese fellow.

## so now we have a  50 yr old guy who is a dead ringer  for Jesus, and a
45 year old chinese guy, who looks like chairman mao, trying to explain to a
bunch of copS, what the water was for, and how they planned to go back and
buy even more of it.   It was all sorted out in the end, after a lot of rigmarole.
Cops were  convinced they were onto something big.  We sent a huge van
down the street after that.  No more shopping buggies.

##  the chinese fellow, said he drank some of it, said it tasted not too bad.  We
told him he was nuts.

Jim  VE7RF