[Amps] SS amps watercooling - was PowerGenius XL

Al Kozakiewicz akozak at hourglass.com
Wed Mar 8 08:03:41 EST 2017

The reason it tastes "funny" (I'm being generous) is because the flavor of water is derived from the minerals it contains.

Regional water bottlers that produce a national brand (e.g. Dasani) treat their water source to purify and remove taste (reverse osmosis demineralization and UV to kill micro bacteria), and then add a mineral premix back to the result to provide the flavor. Which is why it tastes the same whether you buy it in NY or CA.

Stuff that is tied to a specific source (e.g. Saratoga, at least it used to be) does not go through the demineralization/remineralization  process.  And it is rarely seen outside a specific geographic region because of the poor economics of shipping water.

Al
AB2ZY