[Amps] 240 Volt Blowers needed

Carl km1h at jeremy.qozzy.com
Mon Mar 20 19:35:03 EDT 2017

----- Original Message -----
From: "Jim Brown" <jim at audiosystemsgroup.com>
To: <amps at contesting.com>
Sent: Monday, March 20, 2017 5:17 PM
Subject: Re: [Amps] 240 Volt Blowers needed

> On Mon,3/20/2017 2:04 PM, Carl wrote:
>>> Yes, remember that it's perfectly OK to run a 120V load between one side
>>> of the TX primary and its center tap. This is often done by the first
>>> rate amp mfrs. And remember that it is NOT OK (and is illegal) to run a
>>> 120V load between one side of the line and ground. Indeed, putting load
>>> current on ground is a recipe for hum pickup. And bonding neutral to
>>> ground is even worse.
>>>
>>> 73, Jim K9YC
>>
>> Except those high enders that went to ground
>

> I don't understand what you mean, Carl.
>
> 73, Jim

The Alpha 70/70V and 77 series were built that way and a few other brands I
dont remember right now. Possibly Henry. I did it that way for 30 years on a
HB 2M 1500W amp until I actually drew out the circuit when I wanted to
repackage it into something smaller. It is very easy to make that mistake
and it never affected me....BUT?

Carl