[Amps] 240 Volt Blowers needed

Jim Brown jim at audiosystemsgroup.com
Tue Mar 21 14:06:48 EDT 2017

On Tue,3/21/2017 5:30 AM, Catherine James wrote:
> When I had my 240V / 30A circuit installed for the SB-220, the electrician asked whether I wanted a 3-prong or 4-prong outlet.  I chose 4-prong since that seems to be the modern standard.

All the modern amps I know of need only 240V, so I had four 240V 20A
3-prong outlets installed in a standard quad box. They're all on the
same 20A circuit, which works for my SO2R operation because only one amp
is transmitting at a time. For the rare occasions when I've hosted a
multi-two contest, I've run an extension from another circuit in my shop.

I don't know that the 4-prong outlet is a "modern" standard, although it
may be what is being widely used for big appliances that are the primary
user of 240V in NA.

73, Jim K9YC