[Amps] 144 MHz GS35B input circuit

Steve Thompson g8gsq72 at gmail.com
Mon May 1 03:09:50 EDT 2017

That sounds totally wrong to me. The rf needs to go onto the
common point of the cathode and filament (or heater as I prefer to
call it where there's a separate cathode).

As long as the heater supply has a decent rf choke close to the
tube I think a capacitor across the two connections isn't vital,
but I can't see it does ay harm either.

Inside, the GS35 is a big planar triode. The cathode is a slightly
domed disc about 1" diameter and I assume the heater is spiral
wound against the underside so there's likely to be enough
capacitance between them to matter at VHF - but I doubt it's the
quality of capacitor you'd want to use to couple rf onto the cathode.

Steve