[Amps] High voltage MOSFETs

Steve Thompson g8gsq72 at gmail.com
Wed May 3 18:09:35 EDT 2017

I think most of these are products inherited when they took over
APT. There's a number of app notes to go with them - they were
originally designed for narrow band saturated cw use and one
common theme is the problems of trying to use them as linear amps.
Bias control is a problem and reduced supply voltage is
recommended, even then linearity is poor. One 'linear' design
quotes IMD as -25dB ref pep or -19dBc!

I dare say they are capable of better than that, but it won't be
simple and straightforward.

Steve