[Amps] 8877 filament.

Bill Turner dezrat at outlook.com
Thu May 4 16:24:38 EDT 2017

On Thu, 4 May 2017 18:46:44 +0000, AB9GO wrote:

>.  It worked as you described, but tube life was reduced due to cathode poisoning.

REPLY:

I disagree in the case of TV tubes.

I did TV repair for 20 years back in the 50's through the 70's and saw
no evidence of tube life being reduced due to cathode poisoning.
Nearly all tube failures in TVs were due to either internal shorts or
opens or gas. In all those years and thousands of tube replacements I
can't remember even one case of simple low emission.

But I agree in the case of an 8877, a far different tube from a
receiving tube and it may be different. I wouldn't risk it.

73, Bill W6WRT