[Amps] HV MOSFETs for RF

John Lyles jtml at losalamos.com
Fri May 5 12:46:53 EDT 2017

Its been really interesting reading comments on this subject. Up to now,
most of the innovation posted on line has been using nonlinear classes
like E for homebrew AM transmitters (another topic!) and the hams there
have made great strides with kW level designs. But building linear (or
Kahn EER/Linc) amplifiers and getting around the laws of physics (very
low Z due to low voltages) with the newer devices is the way to look
forward. Tubes have always had an edge there, matching a few thousand
ohms down to 50 has been done so many decades, well, really a century
now. In very high power circuits which I play with at work, my plate
impedances are usually 100-300 ohms so its another animal again, pi
networks not needed. Transformation is fairly simple with L and C, and
of course always has been with cavity circuits...

I read whats here with great interest! Keep it up fellow hams.
73
John
K5PRO