[Amps] HV MOSFETs for RF

sm0aom at telia.com sm0aom at telia.com
Mon May 8 04:00:51 EDT 2017

Just my € 0.02:

A lot of commercial and military users and systems also have stringent linearity requirements.

One is the output stages of modern mobile telephony base stations and repeaters for indoor coverage.
Several of the European type acceptance criteria actually require a -70 dB IM3 suppression in a two-tone test at the +40 dBm PEP level.

Some satellite ground stations also require extremely high linearity transmit chains, as do digital TV transmitters.

Other high-linearity requirements are in co-located radio systems, especially on small naval platforms.

Here, the total adjacent channel suppression is of importance, which also includes phase noise and broadband noise,
as well as IM products.

The system planners of really large HF and VHF systems have to take the linearity properties of both receivers and transmitters into serious consideration.

73/
Karl-Arne
SM0AOM