[Amps] Urban noise pollution (was HV MOSFETs for RF)

Roger (K8RI) k8ri at rogerhalstead.com
Fri May 12 04:13:58 EDT 2017

I'm in a rural subdivision only 5 miles from downtown Midland MI. During
the day, the S meter sets on 0 or 1. So it's a quiet location, most of
the time.  DX is easy to work on 40 with 200 W barefoot unless they are
near a city, then "Power Rules"

Light pollution? I'm only a 1/4 mile from the "county farm" that
guaranteed with their new installation, there would be no light
pollution. Sure...Their lights cast shadows in my yard!  Then "the mall"
is about 7 mi NE with their unshielded parking lot lights creating a
blank quadrant where nothing is visible.  With a "little" haze, nothing
is visible. The 10" Meade hasn't been out in the yard in more than 10
years. Of course, at my age, I can't lift it and the tripod. Well, I
can, but Arthritis will have me on the heating pad for the next two days
and with the poor seeing with light pollution it's certainly not worth
the effort even were I younger without the Arthritis.

73, Roger (K8RI)