[Amps] Real time tests to see if an RF transformer is saturating?

Chris Wilson chris at chriswilson.tv
Mon May 15 10:32:56 EDT 2017

Hello Manfred,

Thanks  for  your  usual  very  comprehensive and clear reply, this is
superb  info  and  should help me a lot on a practical and theoretical
level,  although  I  sometimes  think  theology has more to do with RF
calculations :)  Please see my reply to Alan Ibbetson where I go into
a bit more detail of how I hope to progress this. With a better choice
of  ferrite  and the additional turns I will post in due course how it
works  out. I would welcome opinions on NOT using a transformer on the
combiner,  but  instead changing the output transformers of the 2 amps
to  match into 100 Ohms. Someone else mooted that suggestion. pros and
cons? Thanks again, I learn a great deal from all your posts here!

--
Best regards,
 Chris                            mailto:chris at chriswilson.tv