[Amps] Stripping Litz

Chris Wilson chris at chriswilson.tv
Sat May 20 12:12:10 EDT 2017

Hello Manfred,

Thanks for the info on tinning Litz, and thanks to all who also
contributed. Even using the hot air tip on a butane soldering iron for
a minute fails to do more than darken the insulation, as does a bare
flame. It's a nightmare to strip, I did have some old Nitromors paint
stripper before they went "Green" and that would work if an end was
left in it for a few days with teasing of the strands every now and
again. But a few days in unobtainable stripper is not good, and the
bit I had is all gone ;) I will try and get some of the chemical
mentioned earlier unless anyone has any other suggestions? It's nice
wire of a reasonable core size for coil winding, but if I can't strip
it its just X kilos of copper.... :(

--
Best regards,
 Chris                            mailto:chris at chriswilson.tv