[Amps] Henry 3 KD Premier with 8877

MU 4CX250B 4cx250b at miamioh.edu
Mon May 22 17:53:24 EDT 2017

I'm not familiar with that particular amplifier, but low 10m
efficiency is a common problem with 8877 amplifiers. In one of my
homebrew amplifiers, I had low efficiency in the 40% range until,
following a suggestion from Bob Sutherland W6PO, I relocated the tuned
pi input circuit capacitor C2 from the input band switch directly to
the cathode pin on the tube. Incredibly, efficiency jumped up into the
60% range. I was dumbfounded.
73,
Jim w8zr

Sent from my iPhone