[Amps] Amplifier for 630 meter band

Jim Brown jim at audiosystemsgroup.com
Fri Nov 10 13:25:46 EST 2017

On 11/9/2017 10:01 AM, Catherine James wrote:
> I think it will be much easier to start with an existing amplifier and modify it rather than building from scratch.

I've seen observations that some audio power amplifier can be made to
work by removing any circuitry to limit their bandwidth. Audio
amplifiers generally have high linearity within the audio spectrum, but
depending on the devices used and the feedback networks, might not be so
good at 630M, and efficiency of the output devices are likely to be
lower. I own several, left over from my work in pro audio. One of these
days I should look into that. :)

73, Jim K9YC