[Amps] Amplifier for 630 meter band

Steve Wright stevewrightnz at gmail.com
Fri Nov 10 14:49:55 EST 2017

On 11/11/17 07:16, Richard Solomon wrote:
> Just a thought ... has anyone done
> any calculations on the values for
> a Pi-Network ?

I built one.  It's enormous.  It's not going to fit in any existing
linear amp cabinet.

There are a number of amp designs on the Internet.  I decided I wanted
to revisit the period not just with the band, but with the technology as
well, and I have a 4-400 tube and socket lying around, so I copied an
Internet-sourced design, but seriously, that is the difficult way.

If you want a tidy little box, then copy an existing compact MOSFET amp
- there are plenty about.