[Amps] Amplifier for 630 meter band

Merv Schweigert k9fd at flex.com
Sat Nov 11 11:49:28 EST 2017

I use the Elecraft K3,  it outs out 1MW via the transverter interface,
that drives a single MOSFET amp easily.
Antenna I use my 160m InvL 70 up 70 out with a large variometer to tune
to 475khz,  tap the bottom end
of the variometer for 50 ohm coax feed.

I have seen most everything used for antennas,  small verticals of 30ft
tall with several top loading wires,
80 dipoles with feed line tied together used like a vertical, just about
anything,  usually all top loaded and
large coil at the base,  and radials.

See a number of the U3 being used as exciters,  and several different
transverters.
VK4YB sells a excellent transverter for the new bands.  Depends on what
you have on hand and want
to spend.
73 Merv  K9FD/KH6