[Amps] Henry 2K-3 amp restore

Jim W7RY jimw7ry at gmail.com
Mon Nov 13 00:23:08 EST 2017

I would look for a ban connection on the meter switch for most of your
issues.  Could be bad diodes in the "wattmeter". Never had to replace a
diode in one of a Henry. It's probably more like a relative power meter than
an accurate wattmeter.
It's also possible the meter itself has and issue. Check for static on the
meter face keeping the needle from moving upward.

Also check for bad HV metering resistors.

As for a dial light, there are quite a few bayonet lamp LED replacements.
Get a low color number. The lower the number, the more "soft white" it is,
more like an original incandescent pilot lamp.

73 and let us know how you do.

Jim W7RY