[Amps] Henry 2K-3 amp restore

Jim Thomson jim.thom at telus.net
Wed Nov 22 13:46:32 EST 2017

Date: Tue, 21 Nov 2017 11:05:47 -0600
From: "Jim W7RY" <jimw7ry at gmail.com>
To: "Bob Darlington" <rdarlington at gmail.com>, "Amps group"
<amps at contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] Henry 2K-3 amp restore

<Diodes on meters wont help much. They will be destroyed by .7 volts which is
<were a diode conducts.

<Sounds like a bad T/R relay. Clean it up with some de-oxit and some rough
<paper or a crisp dollar bill. (or 10 or 20 or 50 or 100 or 500) whatever you
<have laying around... :)

<73
<Jim W7RY

##  Bond the grids directly to the chassis. Use paralleled 6A10 diodes, to make
one big diode, with more surge rating, like  800-1200 A.  Then wire the rvs connected
diodes  directly between  B-  and B+  of the HV supply .   With any  B+ to grid or  B+
to chassis arc, the fault current will be from B+   right back to the B-  completing the loop.
The meters  wont budge.

##  For diodes across the Meters, their was a trick to this that  Bill, W6WRT figured out
a few yrs back.   I THINK  he used a single resistor in series with each rvs connected diode.
IF  I have it correct, the  V drop across the  meter was such, that it only deflected half scale.
I may well have the config incorrect. Bill may want to comment, as he had it nailed  with his simple
mod.

## If he has infinite swr between  xcvr and  input to amp,  drive RF is not getting to the cathode,
which only leaves either the TR relay.... and or the bandswitch for the tuned input.

Jim   VE7RF