[Amps] SB200 on 30m

jerome schatten romers at shaw.ca
Thu Oct 5 22:58:59 EDT 2017

Hi…

On 30m using the 20m band-switch position, I’m able to get about 200w out into a dummy load/wattmeter before the grid current rises faster than the plate current. On 80/40 I can get over 400w out.  Since I’m only interested in using the amp on 80/40/30, I thought to improve the 30m situation a bit by adding a few turns to the total pi-network inductance in the 20m position.

I’m willing to sacrifice a bit of efficiency on 80/40 to bring up 30 and sacrifice 20/15/10 entirely. The goal here would be 300+ watts on 80/40/30 with ease. I have already taken care of the input matching for 30 in the 20m position.

I would appreciate any suggestions.

Jerome - va7vv/ve7ass
Vancouver