[Amps] Grid dip meters 2 models, opinions?

Manfred Mornhinweg manfred at ludens.cl
Wed Sep 6 14:30:55 EDT 2017

I have two dipmeters, unfortunately none of the ones in question here,
so I can't give any advice. But of the two I have, and which I got as
gifts many years ago, from two hams who have since passed away, the
Heathkit GD-1A works very well, while the Kyoritsu K-126C is extremely
poor, almost to the point of being unuseable as dipmeter, due to theb
lack of sensitivity. It works well as sniffer, though.

Near the beginning of my ham career I used the Heathkit dipper all the
time. Nowdays, with all the more modern instrumentation available, I
rarely use a dipmeter, but there still are some specific things that a
dipmeter does better than anything else. So it's good to have one.

Manfred