[Amps] Status of Alpha Amps?

Joe Giacobello, K2XX k2xx at swva.net
Thu Sep 28 19:38:51 EDT 2017

I was offered an updated, apparently flawless Alpha 9500 at a reasonable
price.  I was vaguely aware of Alpha's involvement in consolidation
under the aegis of RF Concepts with TenTec, but I hadn't paid close
attention.  Based on the reviews in Contesting.com, the amp appears to
be a reliable performer, although it does lack 6M, which seems to be the
norm these days.  A viable source of competent repairs seems to be a
major issue.  Anyone out there know the current status of Alpha amp
ownership?

Thanks and 73,

Joe
K2XX