[Amps] Alpha 77D anode choke swap?

Paul Christensen w9ac at arrl.net
Tue Apr 10 10:35:54 EDT 2018

The only issue is the physical replacement.   After disconnecting all
connections to the existing RFC, you will need to unscrew the ceramic base
from the inner chassis plate.  The screw isn't directly accessible by
removing the 77D's front panel.  I slipped a narrow stainless-steel ruler
between the RFC and chassis.  This prevents the mounting screw from turning.
Before removing the old RFC, have the new Ameritron/RF Parts RFC positioned
for an easy grab with your free hand.  Backing off pressure on the ruler
will cause the screw to fall, thereby requiring further disassembly.

Paul, W9AC