[Amps] 8877 HF amp cathode wiring

MU 4CX250B 4cx250b at miamioh.edu
Mon Aug 20 09:51:54 EDT 2018

I agree, Jim. Either way works fine. Re arcing from cathode to
filament: I don’t see why the cathode voltage would ever soar above
the tube’s  cutoff bias, which in my 8877 amps is about 28V. An
internal arc in the tube would probably cause a current pulse into the
grid, not the cathode. In effect, the grounded grid would shield the
cathode.
73,
Jim w8ZR

Sent from my iPad